Orthodontic care is not just for children and teens. In fact, more than 30 percent of Canandaigua Smiles orthodontic patients are adults, including individuals in their fifties and older. It is never too late to attain the smile you've always dreamed of.
Consider some of the huge benefits of orthodontic treatment:
- Align teeth for a more beautiful and aesthetic smile
- Close spaces where teeth are missing
- Correct TMJ (jaw joint) problems
- Create a more comfortable bite to reduce excessive wear on teeth and improve the ability to chew food properly
- Alleviate Sleep Apnea
- Create a "Bracelift" using Damon Braces -- broad, full smiles will create fuller lips and reduce wrinkle lines around the mouth
- Improve the ability to brush and easily floss to prevent gum disease, especially for crowded or overlapping lower front teeth
Braces with Barely a Trace
Braces don't look like they used to. In some cases, Invisalign (an invisible alternative to braces) can be applied to treat adults. Invisalign uses clear removable aligners, fabricated through advanced 3D imaging, to align teeth.
For more severe cases, we have the option of clear braces instead of metal, and the new Damon Brace System that considerably reduces treatment time. Adults report the same level of comfort as children regarding orthodontic treatment. Braces today are smaller and more comfortable to wear and, typically, any discomfort disappears within two to five days.
Modern techniques, like the new titanium technology (heat-activated wires) and the Damon Brace System, put less pressure on teeth while moving them more rapidly and efficiently. It also decreases the time required between adjustments to every 10-12 weeks. Treatment time is completed in 15-18 months on average.